100 Still River Drive
The Harden House, now a museum, is located in Harrybrooke Park in the southern end of New Milford. The cabana style house was built in 1941 by Irish-born Frank Harden, who owned the world’s largest handkerchief factory in New Jersey. The house, which overlooks a waterfall on the Still River, contains original artwork and furniture specific to the mid-twentieth century. The building is on the Connecticut Register of Historic Places. Harrybrooke Park and Harden House is a 48-acre, non-profit park bordering the Still River. It contains walking trails, gardens, a playground, two pavilions, a duck pond, and hosts a pair of peacocks. Harden House Museum is situated near the waterfall on the Still River.