Int. of Grove Street and Still River Drive
Lover’s Leap Bridge crosses the Housatonic River Gorge southeast of New Milford Center. Built in 1895, it is a particularly ornate example of wrought iron lenticular truss bridge featuring rosettes on the guard rails and posts topped by urn finials. It was closed to vehicle traffic in 1977, and today is open only to pedestrian traffic. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. It is part of Lover’s Leap State Park.